If you wonder if laser skin resurfacing is right for your skin type, read this guide from Prive Plastics in FL.
What Is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
At Prive Plastic Surgery, we are committed to staying at the forefront of technological innovations that provide real results. Our advanced laser treatments are some of the most advanced on the market and can treat a multitude of skin issues. With fractionated wavelengths, we are able to target specific areas and provide quick, effective results. These lasers can help reduce sun spots, wrinkles, acne, and other blemishes.
Laser skin resurfacing is a popular cosmetic procedure that can be tailored to the specific needs of different skin types. Below, we explore the different skin types and how laser treatments can be effectively used to address individual skin concerns.
What Skin Issues Can Laser Treatments Address?
Laser treatments with the mJOULE system can be used for laser resurfacing to improve the appearance of your skin. It utilizes two types of lasers, ablative ones such as CO2 and erbium, which stimulate collagen growth and firmness, and non-ablative lasers like pulse-dye and intense pulsed light that can treat other skin issues. After treatment, you can expect clearer, smoother, and hairless skin at the desired site. Additionally, this system is also capable of addressing sun spots, acne/rosacea, small vessels, age spots, melasma, hyperpigmentation, loss of firmness, and enlarged pores.
How Would Different Skin Types Respond To Laser Treatment?
- Normal skin is healthy and balanced. This skin type experiences no major issues, such as breakouts, flakiness, or sensitivity.
- Dry skin is lacking in moisture and can feel itchy and flaky. Clients with this skin type may be susceptible to more visible lines or a rough complexion compared to clients with an oily skin type. This skin type may be more vulnerable to drying out due to indoor heating, or wind, cold, or excess sun exposure.
- Oily skin produces too much oil, which can lead to breakouts and acne. People with this skin type can also experience increased oil production due to time of year, weather, heat, humidity, stress, or hormonal changes. Clients are advised against picking or popping any pimples or breakouts.
- Combination skin has both dry and oily areas.
- Sensitive skin is easily irritated and may have an adverse reaction to certain products and treatments. This skin type can experience dryness, redness, and itching or burning. Fortunately, people with sensitive skin can manage any adverse reactions by learning about what irritates their skin. One example is choosing fragrance-free products.
- Mature skin shows signs of aging, such as wrinkles and age spots.
Are Laser Treatments Right For My Skin Type?
The effects of laser skin resurfacing vary depending on the type of skin. Therefore, it is important to be aware of the differences in order to find the most suitable treatment plan. Additionally, skin color, past scars, and current skin conditions may influence the efficacy of laser skin resurfacing for a particular person.
For example, normal skin can expect minimal side effects and visible improvements in texture and appearance with laser treatments, whereas mature skin may experience longer healing times and may benefit from multiple treatments for results. While everyone should carefully follow their post-treatment care guidelines, this is especially important for clients with sensitive skin.
To decide whether laser treatments are best for your aesthetic goals, consult with Dr. Wu and the expert staff at Prive Plastics and go over your skin type, concerns, and medical history. Together, we can decide on the best treatment plan for you based on your unique needs.
How Can I Enjoy Laser Treatments And Other Services From Prive Plastics In The Comfort Of My Own Home?
If you are based in Boca Raton, FL, and the surrounding areas, consider Prive Plastic Surgery’s mobile concierge. With Prive Plastic Surgery’s mobile concierge MediSpa, high-quality, professional aesthetic services such as neurotoxin and dermal filler injections, chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing can come to you.
Enjoy the luxury of attaining your aesthetic goals without ever having to leave the house and our line of skin care to maintain your new results. If you’re ready to begin with your TeleHealth consultation, call us today at 561-717-3181.